I gave a talk at DDD EA!
I first encountered OWIN when I added SignalR to a legacy ASP.NET MVC app, and had to write a piece of OWIN middleware to get SignalR to play nicely with our legacy authentication.
It was a thoroughly impressive experience, so I built my next greenfield project on OWIN & Katana as a single-page app using static files & Web API, finally ditching IIS for good. The glad tidings continue for Microsoft web developers, with ASP.NET vNext promising even more goodness on the horizon.
There’s a lot of changes coming for those of us working on the .NET web stack, so this talk will show you what things look like today:
- What are OWIN & Katana, and why you should care
- What middleware is, as well as why and how you write it
- The advantages this brings for testing
- How Helios lets you host on IIS (if you really really really want to)
As well as what’s changing in ASP.NET vNext:
- How Roslyn comes into play
- The what and the why of the K runtime
- Why you should care about the Core CLR
- What’s shiny about ASP.NET MVC 6
There’s a lot to cover, so we’ll move fast. You’ll come away knowing why and how you should start using this on your own projects.